Applications are welcome for the University of Glasgow Scholarship for the International Master in Global Markets and Local Creativities (GLOCAL) in 2021.
International Master in Global Markets and Local Creativities is an integrated global program encompassing the theory, history, institutions, and cultures of worldwide capitalism. It offers viewpoints on the globalized economy, concentrating on creative and cultural economies/industries, urban environments that nurture creativity, entrepreneurship, innovation, and business cultures. All teaching is in English.
The intention of the program is to look at how local places (clusters, cities and regions) and local actors (entrepreneurs, organizations and policymakers) create local competitiveness under international market circumstances. This program highlights the significance of historical and social context in which economic growth, public policy and business strategies come about. This two-year academic program furnishes you with the critical skills to comprehend the overlapping complementarity of the global and local, but also offers opportunities for practical experience with organizations and public policy organisations.
The degree is perfect for exceptionally talented candidates looking for a career in urban or public policy organisations, international consultancies, multinational corporations, cultural and creative industries, or other non-profit establishments. Candidates will be pushed to explore a range of interdisciplinary viewpoints on the process and experience of globalisation from a place-based viewpoint, in particular of cities, creative industries, growth and local cultures of entrepreneurship.
University of Glasgow Scholarship award can be granted to candidates from any part of the world; however, at most three with the same nationality will be awarded in the same cohort under the same category. The scholarship award’s terms depend on the candidate’s nationality and residence.
Worth of University of Glasgow Scholarship
The University of Glasgow Scholarship includes:
- A contribution to the candidate participation expenses (tuition fees, full insurance coverage, and any other compulsory participation expenses)
- A contribution to candidate travel and installation expenses
- A monthly subsistence stipend for the whole length of the Study Program
Eligibility for University of Glasgow Scholarship
To be given consideration for the University of Glasgow Scholarship;
- It is important to meet the GPA conditions specified so as to be accepted on the Program.
- They take applications from a range of backgrounds within business majors, the social sciences, humanities and languages; however, a solid background in history, political science, economics, development studies, or business is desired.
- Other majors will be given consideration to if the candidate also has courses, experience or some background in these areas.
- Those putting in for Pathway B: Global Markets & Development (Barcelona, Glasgow, Göttingen) or Pathway F: Global Political Economy (Uppsala, Glasgow, Göttingen) must possess an academic training in the Social Sciences.
- If you feel uncertain whether your degree is eligible, you can email the Program convener to verify: [email protected]
- Foreign students with academic qualifications below those specified should get in touch with their partner institution, Glasgow International College, which provides a range of pre-Masters courses.
How to Apply for University of Glasgow Scholarship
You can apply as:
- an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship-funded candidate
- a self-funded student
The following documents are needed;
- Degree certificate (and an official interpretation into English)
- Official academic transcript(s) (and an official interpretation into English), displaying full information of subjects studied and grades/marks attained
- Two reference letters on headed paper. They will not take references sent from personal email addresses or through a third party.
- English language proficiency
- A scanned copy of the information page of your passport document
- Scholarship application form (which comprises a personal statement) OR
- Distinct personal statement (for self-funding candidates only)
- (please, upload all essential credentials on the UoG online application system)
Application Deadline for University of Glasgow Scholarship
- International applications (non-EU): 23 July 2021
- Home / EU applications: 27 August 2021
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here