The UNIL Masters Scholarship award is now obtainable for foreign candidates who wish to pursue a Master degree program at the University of Lausanne, Switzerland.
Masters scholarship awards are scholarships for excellence granted solely to students who have finished from a foreign university and whose academic records are of a very high level. UNIL awards about ten scholarship awards a year.
With about 1,500 international students from 120 various nations, the University of Lausanne provides wide-ranging programs of studies that entails academic exchange programs with world’s most renowned universities.
The university has conformed to the mandates of the Bologna Process since 2005. The main campus is presently situated out of the city of Lausanne, on the border of Lake Geneva, in Dorigny. Located very near the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, and is linked to the Lausanne metro line 1. Both schools together have about 20,000 students.
The University of Lausanne and the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne both possess shared and active sports facilities on campus, on the edge of Lake Geneva, and are also providing a self-service bicycle system on their campus.
UNIL Masters Scholarship Description:
- Host University: University of Lausanne;
- Host Country: Switzerland;
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded;
- Study Level: Masters Level;
- Scholarship Worth: 1,600CHF each month;
- Available Subjects: All Subjects;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Application Deadline: 1st November of every year;
Benefits of UNIL Masters Scholarship
The UNIL Masters Scholarship award is granted for the minimal length of the program chosen by candidates. 1600 CHF is offered every month for the full period of the Master’s program: one and a half or two years based on the chosen Masters, except in rare circumstances.
Candidates who are being granted an award are not expected to pay the regular tuition registration expenses, other than the CHF 80.00 charge for every semester.
What are the programs for which it is possible to put in for a UNIL Masters Scholarship award?
The list of all Masters Degrees at UNIL that it is acceptable to apply can be seen at this address
It is not possible to apply for these programs:
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master of education
- Master of Law from the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne
- Master of criminal Law, magistracy specialism
- Master of Science in Physical Education and Sports Didactics
- Master of Science in Health sciences
- All MASs (PhD programmes)
Please note: for the Master of Law, only two specializations, “foreign and comparative law” and “legal theory” are open to applications for UNIL Masters scholarships.
Eligibility for UNIL Masters Scholarship
To be given consideration for the UNIL Masters Scholarship award, students have to:
- Possess a Diploma that is acceptable as being comparable to a bachelor’s degree program at the University of Lausanne prior to the start of the master’s degree program at the university;
- Be recognized all through their program, specifically by exceptional academic results;
- Have a least linguistic ability of a minimum B2 on the European Language Portfolio’s Global Scale in French or English based the language in which the chosen Master’s degree is being delivered;
- Not having enrolled in the past at the University of Lausanne;
- For payment of the 200.00 CHF administrative fees, look at the attached list of documents to be added with their application.
How to Apply for UNIL Masters Scholarship
Applicants cannot apply for the Master’s program via the Admissions Department. Candidates are expected to submit their full candidature file (please check the document “List of credentials to be attached to the application, not consolidated) by mail.
Applicants have to send their finished application (consult the document, “list of credentials to attach to your application”), unbound, by post only to these address:
Université de Lausanne
Service des affaires sociales et de la mobilité étudiante (SASME)
CH – 1015 Lausanne
The application form has to be filled on a computer and duly signed by the applicant.
The application for the Masters scholarship award also functions as an application for admission to your selected masters (and therefore an application to enrol at UNIL).
Please look at the steps to follow regarding certified copies at the following link
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here