Are you an exceptional undergraduate or Master’s scholar who have a strong desire to commence a Ph.D. program at a world-class research institution? We are excited to notify you that the Imperial College London is granting President’s Scholarships to high performing students who are interested in obtaining a degree program at the Institution.
The President’s Scholarships aims to provide up to 50 research students with great potential the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At: United Kingdom
Number Of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship Awards: Successful applicants will obtain the following financial assistance for up to 3.5 years:
- Full funding for tuition fees
- A stipend of £21,000 per annum to assist with living costs
- A consumables fund of £2,000 each year for the first 3 years of study
- A program of tailored opportunities and events offered by the Graduate School
Eligibility for President’s Scholarships at Imperial College London
To be qualified for this scholarship award program, candidates have to:
- be amongst the best achievers in their undergraduate class, and in receipt of, or due to obtain a first-class UK degree or equal.
- have accomplished a distinction or, where this has yet to have been accomplished, be able to offer proof of high performance that will lead to a distinction.
- have established contact with a supervisor in an academic department at Imperial College London who has accepted to oversee their research project.
How to Apply for President’s Scholarships at Imperial College London
There is not a specific scholarship application form. You should submit your application for admission through the online admissions system and your chosen department will nominate you for the scholarship award based on academic merit and potential.
- When prompted for a personal statement you must ensure that it consists of approx. 1000 words (at most 2 pages) and indicates your academic and research accomplishment to date, describing in brief your planned research project. The selection committee will not give consideration to statements exceeding the 2-page limit. You may submit revised versions of this statement if needed after application submission.
- To be given consideration for the President’s Ph.D. Scholarship award, candidates should choose this option in the funding part of the additional questions tab within the online application form.
- You have to also satisfy any further application requirements specified by your department of choice.
Visit The Official Website For More Information
- Candidates who apply before 6 November 2020and are granted a scholarship award will be notified by 31 January 2021.
- Candidates who apply prior to 8 January 2021and are granted a scholarship award will be notified by 31 March 2021.
- Candidates who apply prior to 19 March 2021and are granted a scholarship award will be notified by 31 May 2021
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here