The Department of Organization at Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a Postdoc Award at CBS in Societal Impact of Organization theory in the 2021/22 academic year.
CBS was created in 1917 by the Danish Society for the Advancement of Business Education and Research (FUHU); however, it was in 1920 that accounting became the premier full study program at Copenhagen Business School. Presently, CBS has around 20,000 students and 2,000 staffs, and provides a broad range of undergraduate and graduate programs within business, usually with a cross-disciplinary and global focus.
This Postdoc Award at CBS is part of the joint research project, titled “Turning theory into action: Undesirable consequences of implementing organization and management theory” (particulars obtainable upon request), which is financed by the Velux Foundation’s core group program and headed by Professor Renate Meyer and Professor Eva Boxenbaum. The position concentrates on how organizational actors construe organization theory when they execute it in practice.
The applicant will examine translation procedures and also the impact of these procedures on the studied organizations and society more widely. The applicant should be familiar with organizational institutional theory (e.g., institutional translation) and qualitative research, and interested in reviewing the societal effect of organizational research.
The role involves broad empirical fieldwork in Denmark, a readiness to live in the Copenhagen area, and also regular physical presence at CBS for the contract duration. The candidate will work closely with the project team (i.e., the project leaders, one other post-doc, and one PhD student) in an unified team structure, hosted within the Department of Organization at Copenhagen Business School.
Worth of Postdoc Award at CBS
- Appointment and salary will be in line with the Ministry of Finance’s arrangement with the Central Academic Organization.
- A small personal research budget for travel and workshop involvement will be available.
Eligibility for Postdoc Award at CBS
The following qualificationswill be used considerably in the evaluation of applicants:
- Accomplished academic research record.
- Established application of qualitative methods and cutting-edge social science theory.
- Established ability to carry out research successfully in professional settings.
- Oral and written adeptness in English and a Scandinavian language.
- Capacity to work independently and as part of a team.
- Passion for empirical research and theoretical inquisitiveness.
It is also expected that the candidate display an interest in becoming a part of the Department’s research environment
How to Apply for Postdoc Award at CBS
Applicants for the Postdoc Award at CBS are required to submit their application through the electronic recruitment system, making use of the link below. The application must include:
- A cover letter.
- Evidence of qualifications and a comprehensive CV.
- Any significant information stating experience in teaching, research management, industry co-operation, and foreign co-operation.
- A comprehensive numbered list of a maximum of 10 publications (stating titles, co-authors, page numbers, and year) together with a description of how those publications are applicable to the position. Only publications presented in the English language (or another indicated principal language, in line with research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into account.
- It is acceptable, but not mandatory, to add letters of recommendation.
- Credentials for English and Scandinavian language skills unless the applicant is a native speaker.
The Recruitment Panel will shortlist 2-5 candidates, which the Assessment Committee will assess. The candidates will get notification of their status in the recruitment procedure shortly after the application closing date. The candidates chosen for evaluation will be informed about the composition of the Assessment Panel and later in the procedure about the result of the assessment. Once the recruitment procedure is finished, each candidate will obtain notification of the outcome of his or her application.
Copenhagen Business School has to get all application material, comprising all appendices (see items above), by the application closing date.
- Applications end on June 15, 2021.
Not interested in the Postdoc Award at CBS? See other scholarships here