The Pershing Square Foundation is presently granting up to five full Pershing Square Scholarships to assist exceptional students on the 1+1 MBA, comprising both the Master’s degree and the MBA year. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to attend prestigious conferences and events throughout the year, including the Ditchley Conferences and the Skoll World Forum.
About Saïd Business School
Saïd Business School is the business school of the University of Oxford, christened after the billionaire from Syria, Wafic Saïd. It is under Oxford’s Social Sciences unit.
Saïd Business School is the University of Oxford’s department for undergraduate and graduate scholars in business, management and finance. Undergraduates are also taught as part of the Economics and Management program in conjunction with the Economics Department.
The school of management was rebranded into Saïd Business School in 1996. It is christened after its chief sponsor, Syrian-Saudi Arabian billionaire Wafic Saïd, political fixer, arms dealer (of the Saudi-UK Al-Yamamah arms-oil deal), capitalist and philanthropist, who has donated £70 million.
Saïd Business School’s primary degree programs are its one-year full-time MBA program, 21-month integrated Executive MBA program, the DPhil or PhD Program in Management Studies, the MSc in Financial Economics in conjunction with the Economics Department, the two-year MSc in Major Program Management and the one-year MSc in Law and Finance (MLF) in association with the Oxford Law Faculty.
The Executive Master of Business Administration degree program is structured for people with over 5 years’ management experience. The Oxford EMBA is delivered through 16 week-long modules mostly taught in Oxford, but with a minimum of two carried out in key international markets. As of 2016, the program ran two iterations each year, with new groups starting in both January and September.
Application Deadline: January 2022
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): UK
Number of Awardees: 5
Worth of Pershing Square Scholarships
- The Oxford Pershing Square Scholarships offer funding for tuition, college fees, and a stipend towards living costs for both years of schoolwork.
- You would also gain from chances for mentorship and networking with motivating individuals and organizations that are members of the Pershing Square Foundation’s community.
- You become incorporated into Saïd Business School’s community immediately you commence your Master’s degree by attending functions and meetings with the Dean, faculty, and other MBA students.
- You can access and make use of both your department and Oxford Saïd’s resources and networks all through both years.
- You will also be given an invitation to a spring ‘trek’ to New York City held by the Pershing Square Foundation, where you can take part in meetings and workshops with leading visionaries and change-makers.
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
Eligibility for Pershing Square Scholarships at University of Oxford
- Applicants must be International students
- Applicants must have completed their bachelor’s degree program
- Applicants must be proficient in the English Language
- Academic accomplishment proven through degree results, GMAT or GRE score, past university prizes and awards, and other academic accomplishments
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate Leadership potential, demonstrated through experience and motivation
How to Apply for Pershing Square Scholarships at University of Oxford
All of the partnering Master’s programs have their own application form, closing dates, and requirements.
So as to be given consideration for the Pershing Square Scholarships, you have to apply to the 1+1 MBA by the January closing date for both your selected Master’s program and the Oxford MBA.
When you submit your 1+1 MBA application form, you will be asked to indicate if you would like to be given consideration for the Pershing Square Scholarship award.
You must submit an essay in your application form of no more than 500 words addressing this question:
How do you intend to change the world? What does this tell us about you as an individual?
Shortlisted candidates will be called to an interview with the selection panel.
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information
- January 2022
Not interested in Pershing Square Scholarships? See other UK Scholarships here