The Central European University in Hungary welcomes applications for the CEU’s Masters Excellence Scholarship from suitably qualified candidates for 2021/22 academic session. Candidates who permanently live in Budapest are not qualified for CEU housing.
The Central European University (CEU)’s School of Public Policy is, in the words of its creator, George Soros, a “new kind of international institution dealing with international problems” via multi-disciplinary study of public policy, ground-breaking teaching and research, and also meaningful involvement with policy practice.
Public policy presently is in an international, multi-level crisis. Working towards a more assured peace, social justice, and environmental viability – to list a few – requires ground-breaking and entrepreneurial involvement for the common good.
SPP is a multi-disciplinary graduate institution devoted to the principles of open society and establishing strong and adaptable links between research and practice as one way of addressing what is, overall, a failure of policy elites to address the most crucial problems of our time.
Policy-making needs consciousness of political and socio-economic subtleties particular to various governance contexts, and also a fairer and better representation of differing perspectives. To that end, SPP is robustly inclusive, attracting both scholars and faculty from various backgrounds and tapping into a broad range of knowledge sources. SPP’s candidates are the future social and political entrepreneurs, prepared to make ground-breaking contributions towards tackling the paramount public policy issues of the 21st century.
The School provides four master’s degree programs in public policy, and the public policy track of the Ph.D. in Political Science program. The degree programs are adapted for scholars from all over the world desiring careers in the public, private, and non-profit industries at the local, national, European Union and global levels. The School has a team of exceptional resident faculty, first-class visiting faculty made up of foremost researchers, and practitioners in the public policy discipline who bring a broad array of academic and hands-on subjects to SPP’s diverse classroom.
Masters Excellence Scholarship award beneficiaries who were granted housing in the CEU’s Residence Center have the choice to reject it. In such situations, however, CEU does not provide the expenses of alternative accommodation.
The admissions committee will assess applicants on a holistic level, taking into consideration the individual’s prospect for both academic and personal development and also the unique qualities and experiences that he or she could bring to the table to make SPP an intellectual basin of ground-breaking ideas. Candidates will be informed of the decision (including any financial aid package granted) through the online application system around April 1.
Worth of Masters Excellence Scholarship at Central European University
- This scholarship award provides the complete cost of tuition and health insurance.
- Furthermore, beneficiaries are granted a monthly allowance of 96,000 HUF (around EUR €350) to help with the expense of meals and miscellaneous costs.
- Single or shared accommodation in the CEU Residence Center is granted to a number of scholarship beneficiaries on the basis of academic merit.
Eligibility for Masters Excellence Scholarship at Central European University
- They admit students globally
- Candidates of all nationalities can apply.
How to Apply for Masters Excellence Scholarship at Central European University
- All candidates will be given consideration automatically for merit-based financial assistance. There is no separate application.
- Putting in to the Master of Public Administration (MPA) is a two-step process comprising of a written application followed by an interview upon request.
- Written Application: SPP takes applications for the two-year MPA program. Unfinished applications cannot be given consideration. To fulfill the CEU Admission Criteria and the School-specific criteria, all candidates will need to submit the following documents:
- Completed Online Application Form
- Proof of English proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Response to one short essay
If you want to be given consideration for the Masters Excellence Scholarship, you are required to apply by FEBRUARY 1, 2021 (23:59, CENTRAL EUROPEAN TIME).
Not interested in Masters Excellence Scholarship at Central European University? See other scholarships here