Alvernia University is requesting applications for the International Students Scholarships for new and transfer candidates in the USA for the 2021/22 school year.
Alvernia University provides a limited amount of International Students Scholarships to eligible degree-seeking candidates. Interested candidates have to complete a separate scholarship award application furthermore to an application for admission.
All candidates who wish to study at Alvernia University must complete an online Alvernia admission application, which can be done by clicking here.
After being admitted to the university, international students may apply for this scholarship opportunity, which consists of several levels of support ranging from $10,000 to $22,000 per year as a merit award. These scholarship awards are provided to both freshman foreign students and those moving from another college or university situated outside the United States.
Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees: $38,230
Living Expenses/Room & Board: $13,280
Books/Personal/Other Expenses: $4,000
**Figures above may change slightly on the basis of the candidate’s room and board selection and based on the spending habits, as individual spending will vary from student to student.
When the candidate obtains an international scholarship award, they should subtract that scholarship award amount from the yearly tuition cost.
Worth of International Students Scholarships at Alvernia University
International Students Scholarships at Alvernia University available to qualified international applicants include:
- International Honor Scholarship is$22,000 per year for the top-performing student completing their previous studies with recognized achievements.
- Global Ambassador Scholarship grants $15,000 per year to qualified international students who exhibit leadership potential and a desire to serve as a cultural ambassador in the United States.
- International Envoy Scholarship award offers a $10,000 scholarship award each year for excellent students.
- Catholic School Scholarship grants$1,000 to first-time, full-time new students finishing from a Catholic high school. It can be merged with other scholarship awards and also incorporated into financial aid packages and will be applied automatically to eligible candidates’ applications.
Eligibility for International Students Scholarships at Alvernia University
Alvernia University offers International Students Scholarships to each admitted international freshman and transfer student wishing to earn an undergraduate degree as a traditional day student at our main Reading campus.
These merit scholarship awards are renewable for up to four years (eight semesters), all in the same value. Scholarship awards cannot be merged with any other scholarship award, including a government award, therefore a candidate cannot put in for an Alvernia International Scholarship award if they are already getting another financial award.
- Be a fulltime, degree-seeking undergraduate student attending mostly daytime classes.
- Have obtained a minimum 3.0 overall aggregate GPA by the May 1 scholarship application closing date.
- Meet English proficiency and financial specifications.
How to Apply for International Students Scholarships
The application is a form that the candidate is required to fill and submit to the Admissions Office so as to apply for a scholarship award. Please send an email to [email protected] to get this application form after you are admitted to Alvernia.
Submit each of the following documents:
- Statement of the intended study: This must be a distinct document, in which the student candidate describes (in 300 words or less) why Alvernia University should offer them a scholarship award and how their academic and personal objectives will add to the campus community.
- Unofficial Grade Report: The scholar has to submit all grades from all past schools attended.
- One Recommendation Letter: This letter has to be submitted with the scholarship award application packet before the closing date.
The Selection Process will commence after the May 1 scholarship award application closing date. During this time, the International Scholarship Award Committee will evaluate all applications submitted. A minimum of three members of the panel will autonomously review each application. Alvernia University inform candidates of the outcome at the end of the process.
To continue your International Students Scholarships during your studies, you must enroll each semester as a full-time student, which is minimum of 12 credits, and maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
The application deadline is May 1.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here