Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership Scholarship (GSEP Scholarship) program is taking applications from Masters candidates from developing nations to school in Canada in 2021/2022 academic year.
In the wake of the Earth Summit in 1992, the CEOs of the world’s largest power companies came together to form the Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership (GSEP) with the vision to set up an international network of expertise to improve cooperation between the major electricity companies in the world and to act as an ecological and technical advisory group for international institutions and governments, especially in developing countries.
This is a non-profit, CEO-led organization of leading electricity companies driving sustainable energy development worldwide through capacity-building activities and small-scale renewable energy projects.
Since 2001, GSEP has backed the coming generation of electricity specialists and academics with this scholarship award. Their scholars are brilliant candidates from developing nations studying in sustainable energy development, who will be ready to take on the challenges of the future.
Today, the need for globally-oriented practitioners and researchers is growing rapidly. Their one-of-a-kind Global Sustainable Electricity GSEP Scholarship program fosters the next generation of energy, climate, and electricity sector specialists.
Worth of GSEP Scholarship
- Up to $21,000 US per year (max. two years)
- Candidates who already obtain full funding for their education are not qualified for the scholarship. Candidates getting scholarship awards providing their tuition fees will not be qualified to get the full amount of the scholarship award.
Eligibility for GSEP Scholarship
To be eligible for the Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership (GSEP) Scholarship, prospective applicants must:
- Undertake masters-level studies in sustainable energy development
- Be a citizen of a developing country/territory on the List of official development aid recipients identified by the Development Co-operation Directorate (DAC) of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Be devoted to going back to their home nation/territory after their programs to contribute to its development
- Be an outstanding student
- Graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of their class
- Is committed to sustainable energy development
- Has a history of community involvement
- Is determined to advance their knowledge and understanding
How to Apply for GSEP Scholarship
- Fill in and prepare all the required documents
- Sign up for an account to access the online form
- Complete the application form and submit all required documents
- Submit your application
- The scholarship application can take up to five hours to fill in if you have all the correct information in hand. All the information entered in the form will be automatically saved and you will be able to save the application and come back to it later.
- As the quantity of incoming applications is very high around the closing date, they strongly advise you to submit your application as early as you can. Please be aware that applications submitted by email or mail will not be considered.
You may apply if you have not yet received an admission letter from the university. Please indicate on the application form that you have not yet received an admission letter from your university. You can submit a response of receipt from your university proving that you have put in for admission. You have to still hand in your online application by March 8, 2021. Once you receive your official admission letter for your specified program, it is your responsibility to forward it via email to [email protected] before April 18, 2021. If we do not receive your official admission letter by this date, your application will not be considered.
Deadline: The application deadline for the 2021-2022 Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership GSEP Scholarship is March 8, 2021 (23:59, UTC-05:00). They will get in touch with successful candidates directly in May and their names will be published on their website.
Not interested in GSEP Scholarship? See other scholarships here