In association with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, Bournemouth University requests applications for the GREAT Scholarships at Bournemouth University.
About Bournemouth University
Bournemouth University has more than 17,000 scholars from across 135 various nations and regions. They are listed in the top 500 universities globally based on the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020.
Programs at Bournemouth University have a strong professional alignment with a concentration on academic distinction and graduate employability. Their degree programs are licensed by 29 various professional bodies, comprising some of the biggest names in industry.
All their undergraduate programs and most of their postgraduate programs provide you the opportunity to take on a work placement, affording you the chance to put your learning into practice while building an instrumental network of professional contacts at the same time.
Situated on the south coast of England, Bournemouth University is located in an area of exceptional natural beauty under two hours from central London by train. Their 11km award-winning beach holds four European blue flags and was labelled the best in the United Kingdom by TripAdvisor.
The GREAT Scholarships program, created by the British Council along with 41 UK universities, assists postgraduate students from Bangladesh, Egypt, China, Kenya, Ghana, Indonesia, India, Mexico, Malaysia, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Thailand to gain access to top-class UK higher education opportunities.
Scholars can submit applications for programs in a range of subjects, at the 41 institutions across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Bournemouth University has four postgraduate scholarship awards obtainable for the 2021-22 academic session for students from China (one), Bangladesh (one), Ghana (one) and Thailand (one).
Worth of GREAT Scholarships at Bournemouth University
The GREAT Scholarships provides financial assistance of at least £10,000 to scholars pursuing one-year postgraduate education in the United Kingdom. Candidates can apply for programs in a range of subjects, at the 41 schools across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Eligibility for GREAT Scholarships at Bournemouth University
- Candidates for full-time taught postgraduate programs who are resident in China, Bangladesh, Ghana or Thailand.
- You should have accomplished at least a UK upper second-class Honours (2:1) degree program (or foreign equivalent) that is applicable to your postgraduate study.
- Candidates for Postgraduate Diplomas are not qualified for this scholarship award.
- You cannot be a recipient of any other BU scholarship awards.
How to Apply for GREAT Scholarships at Bournemouth University
Your application must comprise an exceptional personal profile as part of your personal statement.
Please be aware that candidates should be passport holders of China, Bangladesh, Ghana and Thailand.
Your application will be deliberated on based on your actual or anticipated grades first and foremost, and may be made with consideration to your personal statement. When you fill out the personal statement section of the scholarship award application, please specify the qualities that you think make you an exceptional candidate for a BU Scholarship award (in about 300 words).
You can make reference to:
- Your reasons for putting in for the program at BU and how it will be of advantage to you in the future
- Your present academic record and where you have accomplished a model standard in your education
- Established level of English adeptness (if English language is not your first language)
- Your professional experience to date and your career aspirations
- How you would bring an exhilarating and valuable international perspective to your program at BU
- Exceptional accomplishments in the face of adversity and personal accomplishments
- What motivates you
- Service to the community or charitable work
- Your plans upon going back to your home nation (if applicable).
Successful candidates who are granted a scholarship award are expected to function as ambassadors for BU and may be required to contribute to promotional undertakings and campaigns.
GREAT Scholarships are for programs commencing in September 2021. Scholarships cannot be deferred.
- May 31, 2021.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here