Government of Turkey Scholarships is a state-funded, competitive scholarship award program, granted to exceptional scholars and researchers to obtain full-time or short-term programs at the top universities in Turkey.
This Government of Turkey Scholarships opening aims to create a network of future leaders devoted to reinforcing cooperation between nations and mutual understanding among societies.
In addition to providing education opportunities at an international calibre and also a pool of knowledge and experience, Turkey grants scholarship awards to foreign students from all around the world to study in the most admired universities in Turkey.
What makes Government of Turkey Scholarships distinct is that it is not only comprised of financial support, tuition fee, housing and health cover, but also offers university placement and social, academic, and cultural facilities to its beneficiaries at all stages of higher education.
Application Deadline: 20th February 2021
Offered annually? Yes
Type: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
Number of Scholarships: several
Value of Award: The Government of Turkey Scholarships provide:
- Monthly allowance (600 TL for undergraduate, 850 TL for MSc and 1.200 TL for PhD)
- Full tuition fee
- 1-year Turkish language course
- Free accommodation
- Round-trip air ticket
- Health insurance
Eligibility for Government of Turkey Scholarships
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a national of a nation that isn’t Turkey (Anyone in possession of or ever held Turkish nationality before cannot apply)
- not be an enrolled candidates in Turkish universities at the level of study they are putting in.
- There is also an age requirement that candidates are expected to meet: For candidates putting in to Undergraduate Degree: Those who were given birth to no earlier than 01.01.1999, For candidates putting in to Master’s Degree: Those who were given birth to no earlier than 01.01.1990, For candidates putting to PhD Degree: Those who were given birth to no earlier than 01.01.1985,
- Candidates should not have any health issues barrier to education.
- Possess a minimum of 75% cumulative grade point average or diploma grade over their maximum graduation grade or possess a minimum of 75 % success in any approved national or international graduate admissions test.
How to Apply for Government of Turkey Scholarships
Programs available for application are: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs.
Applications will be available to candidates who desire to study at bachelor’s, master’s and PhD levels.
Other programs like Research Scholarship awards, Success Scholarship awards, and KATİP possess different application periods and are publicised regularly on their website and social media platforms.
Evaluation and Selection Porcess
Government of Turkey Scholarships applications are evaluated based on academic success, extra-mural undertakings and other professional credentials of the applicant. In the assessment process of the applications, applicants will be assessed on the basis of their eligibility to the application conditions of the program applied for and also their academic and social accomplishments.
1. PRELIMINARY ASSESSMENT:
All applications are assesses on the basis of basic conditions like minimum academic grades, age limit, needed documents etc.
Applications of eligible applicant are carefully assessed by Expert committees on the basis of a broad set of conditions comprising academic standing, academic interests, previous qualifications, consistency of choices, career objectives, clarity of letter of intent, contribution to social activities …etc. After which a list of qualified applicants is drafted for interviews.
The shortlisted applicants are interviewed in over 100 nations by interview committees comprising academicians and experts.
Interviews typically last 15-30 minutes and are carried out in the following format:
a. Welcome and introduction
b. Document check
c. Candidate’s motivation for applying
d. Academic knowledge and career goals
e. Ending and questions to the committee
Please be informed that the interview is not a guarantee of whether the applicant will be chosen or not.
Note: Applicants who are chosen for interviews have to bring all transcripts, documents and certificates of every year they have studied if they have not graduated yet.
Interview outcomes of applicants nominated by the interview panels are assessed by a selection committee and a list of applicants to be granted a scholarship are formed. This final assessment stage will evaluate the overall eligibility and suitability of the applicant for Government of Turkey Scholarships.
For More Information, Visit The Official Website
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here