The Fox International Fellowship program is a student exchange program between Yale University and twenty-one world-famous academic associates. The objective of the Fox International Fellowship program is to improve mutual awareness between the peoples of the United States and other nations by promoting foreign scholarly exchanges and partnerships among the next generation of leaders.
The Fox International Fellowship program was created in 1988 by Mr. Joseph Carrère Fox (Yale Class of 1938) as a way to offer a peaceful scholarly exchange between Yale University and Moscow State University at the heart of the tense international environment of the Cold War.
Yale’s Whitney and Betty MacMillan Center for International and Area Studies is the university’s central focus for the development of education and research related to all dimensions of the world’s global businesses, communities, and world cultures.
The MacMillan Center is committed to helping students develop an appreciation of the world beyond the United States and the role of the nation in the world as an important and required aspect of autonomous education and professional skills formation at the university stage.
The MacMillan Centre additionally supports four Master’s Degree Certificates of Advanced Standing: African Studies, European Studies, Latin American and Iberian Studies, and Modern Middle East Studies. Language skills improvement is a crucial part of each of the diploma and certificate programs.
The goal of the Fox International Fellowship program is the enhancement of international scientific knowledge and exchange by inspiring global scientific interaction and cooperation for the gain of the future leaders of the United States and other nations.
To accomplish this goal, Fox International Fellowship Program is structured to support and assist candidates who desire to apply scientific knowledge to address the most crucial challenges facing the world.
Yale University works to accomplish this goal in collaboration with 20 of the top universities in the world in countries in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East, and the Americas.
Over 600 old students are part of the huge network of Fox Fellowship programs. Candidates are required to update on their accomplishments and research undertakings regularly during the year, and are welcome to report on their research.
- Host University: Yale MacMillan Center;
- Host Country: USA;
- Study Level: Undertake Level;
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded;
- Scholarship Worth: 2,000$;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Available Subjects: Management, Economics, Law, Business Economics, Contemporary history, Political Science, International Relations, Environment, Social Science, Public Health and Public Policy.
- Application Deadline: February 13, 2022.
Benefits of Fox International Fellowship
Every Yale scholar gets the same prize, based on the PhD student’s level of support at the University.
Grants cover travel to and from Yale:
- Accommodation in shared lodging facilities provided by the Fox fellowship program;
- Substantial amount of subsistence stipend to support any expenses that are not provided by the actual grant obtainable to the student.
The scholarship will financially support health insurance.
Alternatively, scholars may also be eligible to receive support for research travel grants of up to US$2,000 from a research travel fund.
Eligibility for Fox International Fellowship
To be accepted, the candidates need to:
- Have a PhD, Master’s degree or diploma, registered in a course of study at Yale ;
- Possess a high level of academic and managerial capability and a devotion to the University’s policies and programs for the behaviour of students;
- Be able to commence the fellowship program if is selected;
- Be committed, capable of submitting a detailed and clear work plan for the scholarship’s application;
- Be adept in both spoken and written English.
How to Apply for Fox International Fellowship
Applicants for the Fox International Fellowship program at Yale Macmillan Center 2022 have to fill out an application online by fulfilling the scholarship criteria.
Applicants from Yale University have to complete the application procedure using the online link below, and candidates from Fox Fellowship partner institutions may submit their applications by making use of the online link.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here