Erasmus University Rotterdam welcomes applications for the Erasmus MC Graduate Scholarship award program for foreign candidates in the Netherlands for the 2021/22 school session.
The Erasmus MC is the biggest and most adaptable of all eight university medical centres in the Netherlands. It looks to engage its global reputation with the aim to rank among the top twenty medical institutes globally by the year 2030.
Erasmus University Rotterdam is a state-owned university situated in Rotterdam, Netherlands. The school is christened after Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus, a 15th-century humanist and theologian. Erasmus University Rotterdam was established on 8 November 1913 as the Netherlands School of Commerce (Nederlandsche Handels-Hoogeschool, or NHH) via private enterprise with broad support from the business community of Rotterdam. In 1937, the school was acknowledged as a higher academic institution with university standing, offering programs in commerce and economics as an academic field.
Erasmus MC is the biggest and one of the leading academic medical centers and trauma centers in the Netherlands, while its economics and business school, Erasmus School of Economics and Rotterdam School of Management are renowned in Europe and all over. Presently, Erasmus University Rotterdam has been ranked in the top 100 schools in the world by five main ranking tables. In 2017, the school was rated by Times Higher Education as 69th worldwide with its business & economics as 17th, and clinical health as 42nd globally, and was rated among top ten business schools in Europe by the Financial Times. In 2015, Erasmus University Rotterdam was listed by Times Higher Education as 20th in Europe and 72nd globally, with its social sciences as 40th, and clinical health as 35th globally.
The school has seven faculties and concentrates on the following four divisions:
- Health – Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences/Erasmus MC and Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management (ESHPM)
- Wealth – Erasmus School of Economics and Rotterdam School of Management
- Governance – Erasmus School of Law and Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences (ESSB)
- Culture – Erasmus School of History, Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences (ESSB), Culture and Communication, and Erasmus School of Philosophy (ESPhil)
The Erasmus MC Graduate Scholarship award program is, therefore, funded by the Erasmus MC Graduate School. It is aimed for foreign scholars from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who wish to enrol in one of the following research master’s degree programs at Erasmus MC/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Clinical Research;
- Health Sciences;
- Molecular Medicine;
- Infection & Immunity.
Worth of Erasmus MC Graduate Scholarship
The Erasmus MC Graduate Scholarship award program is valued at € 15.000 for
- living costs and
- statutory fee
Eligibility for Erasmus MC Graduate Scholarship
To be qualified for Erasmus MC Graduate Scholarship award, you/your
- are intending to commence in/have been admitted to one of the Erasmus MC research master’s degree programs;
- are seen to be an outstanding student based on Erasmus MC’s standards;
- have not gotten a diploma at an academic institution in the Netherlands;
- are not able to fund your study yourself;
- have never been registered as a full-degree candidate at an academic institution in the Netherlands;
- study records are very good and you are highly motivated to begin the program;
- have to live in the Netherlands to create a Dutch bank account so as to obtain the scholarship.
How to Apply for Erasmus MC Graduate Scholarship
You can make an application by sending
- a letter of motivation,
- your CV plus grades list, and
- a budget proposal in one Pdf
to Ms Gonny Pasaribu by e-mail: [email protected].
- The budget proposal should comprise of an overview of (anticipated) income and costs.
Please make use of the following filename: <Name of research master (Last Name, First Name).pdf>.
Applications for the 2021-2022 school session can be submitted latest by April 15, 2021.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here