John Curtin School of Medical Research (JCSMR) is presently taking applications from well qualified and eligible applicants for its Eccles PhD Scholarship award in medical science in Australia for the 2021/2022 school year.
The Eccles PhD Scholarship award looks to attract foreign students of high calibre to pursue higher degree research, at JCSMR, in Neurosciences.
ANU is a world-leading university in Australia’s capital. Excellence is entrenched in their approach to research and learning. ANU is a world-leading university in Australia’s capital.
Worth of Eccles PhD Scholarship at Australian National University
- The scholarship award will offer a yearly living expense stipend paid fortnightly in arrears, and a fee-waiver scholarship award for foreign students.
- The scholarship award also offers stipends for thesis reimbursement and also paid medical, maternity and paternity leave.
Eligibility for Eccles PhD Scholarship at Australian National University
The Eccles PhD Scholarship award will be obtainable to a prospective scholar who:
- is an international student;
- is registering full-time in a program of study for the Doctor of Philosophy degree at the John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University;
- possesses an Australian Bachelor Honours degree program with First Class Honours or equal, and has research publications and/or applicable research experience.
The beneficiary is expected to remain registered full-time in a program of study for the Doctor of Philosophy degree at the Australian National University in the course for which the award is granted.
A part-time award may be granted or permitted if the candidate has reasons acceptable to the school that impede full-time study for part or the entire program of study. In such situations, the University has to be contented that the reasons relate to caring obligations, a medical condition, a disability or other situation which restricts the candidate’s capacity to undergo full-time study.
How to Apply for Eccles PhD Scholarship at Australian National University
- There is no separate scholarship award application, as candidates are automatically given consideration on the basis of meeting the eligibility conditions or criteria prescribed under the Eligibility section.
- So as to be given consideration for this scholarship award in the main round of scholarship award offers, foreign students are expected to apply for admission by 31 August
- It is strongly advised to establish contact with the applicable Graduate Studies Convener or a potential supervisor, before lodging an application for admission, to talk about the planned research topic and related matters.
Selection will be made based on qualifications and research prospect.
The scholarship award will be provided to a student by a JCMSR Scholarship award Panel, headed by the Deputy Director of JCSMR. Other members of the Committee are the Associate Director HDR for JCSMR, and a panel of four JCSMR academic staff members representing the different departments.
The Selection Committee and the JCSMR Executive reserves the right to make no award if it considers there is no applicant of sufficient merit. The JCSMR may also vary the number of awards and/or offer the award at other times in exceptional circumstances or based on the standard of applications or students.
The offer of an award is based on the information provided to the University. An award may be revoked at any stage if incorrect, false or misleading details is provided or important information is suppressed. This comprises situation where the false information is not related to the evaluation in offering the award.
The award beneficiary may be requested to take part in public relations for the award from time to time. This may comprise public relations in the state or territory of residence or of studying. Beneficiaries may be gotten in touch with for an interview and photograph. The University may also make public the award by publishing the names of the beneficiaries.
- All foreign candidates have to submit their applications on or prior to August 31st, 2021
Not interested in Eccles PhD Scholarship at Australian National University? See other Australia Scholarships here