Doctoral Scholarships at Massey University are granted to encourage doctoral research. The scholarship awards are available to New Zealand and foreign students and are granted on the basis of academic distinction and strategic research priorities.
Massey University in New Zealand is welcoming applications for the Doctoral Scholarships at Massey University obtainable to full-time and part-time students enrolled in the Doctor of Clinical Psychology (DClinPsych), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), or Doctor of Social Work (DSW) in 2021.
This is a scholarship award for a stipend plus fees. The prominent Doctoral Scholarships at Massey University is granted to the highest ranked candidates in the April closing round. Both full-time and part-time domestic and international candidates will be given consideration for this scholarship.
They are looking for candidates with a record of high academic accomplishment who are undergoing doctoral research of strategic significance. This is a postgraduate scholarship award. You will have an offer of admission for doctoral study or be in the provisional registration year (pre-confirmation) of your PhD study.
When selecting their awardee, they will give consideration to your academic accomplishments together with the alignment of your research to the deliberate priorities of the University, College and research supervisor(s).
Worth of Doctoral Scholarships at Massey University
- The worth of a PhD scholarship will be an allowance of $25,000 per year and payment of tuition and non-tuition fees to at most 36 months of full-time study.
- Part-time study will comprise an allowance of $15,000 per year and payment of tuition and non-tuition fees to at most 60 months. Tuition fees will be disbursed at the local rate.
- For foreign awardees, non-tuition fees comprises insurance for the applicant only.
The tenure of a doctoral scholarship award will begin in the award year for up to at most 36 months for full-time applicants and 60 months for part-time applicants.
Eligibility for Doctoral Scholarships at Massey University
- be registered or be qualified to register in doctoral study at Massey University
- possess a GPA of 7.0 or higher
- be researching an area of real value to the University
- accept the conditions of the scholarship award as specified in the scholarship award regulations
Consideration will typically be afforded to candidates with a grade average of A- (7.0 on a ninepoint scale) or equal. Candidate have to also prove that their research is in line with the strategic priorities of the University, College and research supervisor(s).
The Doctoral Scholarships at Massey University are granted by the University Scholarships Committee (USC), which comprises cross-representation for the University.
College-based selection committees will assess, rank and endorse applicants to the USC for the award of the scholarship award. Each College selection committee has to include the College representative on the USC, and also academic personnel with responsibilities for PhD education (including professional doctorates), research leadership and administration. Cultural representation is required, especially to make sure of Māori engagement in the selection procedure. The composition of College selection committees is endorsed by the Chair of the USC.
In recommending the conferring of the scholarship award, the selection committee have to take into account other scholarship awards and bursaries possessed by the candidate.
The USC possesses the right to not grant an award if a candidate does not display high academic achievement or strategic alignment. The USC’s decision is final.
How to Apply for Doctoral Scholarships at Massey University
- Foreign candidates are required to have obtained a doctoral offer of admission before applying for a Massey doctoral scholarship award.
- Successful scholarship beneficiaries then have six months from the PhD scholarship offer date to secure a visa, move to New Zealand, and register in the doctoral program.
- You can download and complete the application form on their website to be given consideration for this opportunity.
Application ends on April 1 2021.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here