The Cape Breton University Entrance Scholarships is now available for foreign Undergraduate Students in all subjects delivered at the Cape Breton University, Canada.
The university is devoted to the excellence of both academics and learning. Each successful candidate will be granted a bursary of up to $30,000 to help fund the costs of studying in Canada.
Through the determinations of donors, $2.5 million in scholarship awards and bursaries are provided to students entering CBU every year. Students coming in direct from high school or via articulation agreement partners are given consideration for Cape Breton University Entrance Scholarships on the basis of their academic grades.
About Cape Breton University
Cape Breton University (CBU) is a state-owned, co-ed, mainly undergraduate university situated in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada. It is the only post-secondary degree-awarding academic institution within the Cape Breton Regional Municipality and on Cape Breton Island.
Cape Breton University is a place where scholars obtain a quality first-class education on Canada’s most exciting island. In Cape Breton University, scholars’ visions are formed and interests are refined.
With ambitious natural environments, a vibrant culture, and welcoming local communities surrounding CBU, Cape Breton University is home to over 5,000 scholars from more than 50 countries all over the world.
CBU scholars can become members of a varied campus community, and can gain from chances, unique experiences and a secure supportive teaching atmosphere. To enrich the living and studying experience, CBU provides unmatched support to students to make sure they are ready to succeed.
There are programs in a range of subject areas and they usually perform substantially higher than the national averages as regards faculty-student relation and service learning. The fields available for study include hospitality and tourism, supply chain management, engineering, liberal arts, business, science, public administration, health and professional programs.
Almost all Cape Breton University degree, diploma and certificate programs provide a transition-to-work constituent via co-op study, work placements, internships and work-study programs.
Cape Breton University Entrance Scholarships Description:
- Host University: Cape Breton University;
- Host Country: Canada;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Study Level: Undergraduate Level;
- Scholarship Worth: 30,000$;
- Subjects available: All Subjects;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Application Deadline: The Scholarship is open.
Benefits of Cape Breton University Entrance Scholarships
Major Entrance Scholarships
*A limited number of the following awards will be offered*
|Name||Total Amount||Yearly Amount|
|W.M. Reid||$11,500||$4K & $2.5K|
Eligibility for Cape Breton University Entrance Scholarships
- No failures in 11th or 12th-grade subjects;
- GPA is computed based on all 11th grade AC & AD subjects and all 12th grade AC & AD subjects that have been successfully concluded beyond the first semester;
- GPA for foreign students coming straight from High School will be computed by Cape Breton University;
- ESL conditional offers are required to be in attendance at a CBU English language partner school so that the scholarship can be honored.
- At least 80% average as decided by CBU to be qualified with no failures
How to Apply for Cape Breton University Entrance Scholarships
To be qualified for the Cape Breton University Entrance Scholarships, applicants are required to be granted admission into the university’s undergraduate program.
Supporting Credentials: Candidates must submit transcripts from all schools they have attended and a copy of their passport.
Admission Criteria: Candidates are required to satisfy the university’s admission qualifications.
- TOEFL scores are 550 ( on paper ), 213 ( on computer ) or 80 ( on internet ): www.ets.org;
- IELTS Academic (and IELTS Indicator) score of 6.5, with no category less than 6.0: www.ielts.org
- CAEL score of 60 (with CAEL Online): www.cael.ca;
- MELAB score of 85: www.melab.ca
- Pearson PTE (Academic) score of 59: www.pearsonpte.com ;
- CanTEST score of 4.5 (reading and listening), 4.0 (writing);
- Duolingo English test score of 115 for undergraduate programs, degrees and certificates.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Canada Scholarships here