Bridge Fellowships at the University of Konstanz are obtainable for eligible candidates for a maximum of eight or nine months. The Zukunftskolleg offers Bridge Fellows a professional arrangement and an appropriate workplace for carrying out research.
The fellows have the chance to gain from a range of career development resources, comprising the school’s Academic Staff Development and Research Support offices. Each fellow is a part of both a school department and the Zukunftskolleg as an Associated Fellow.
Fellows obtain a work deed with the University of Konstanz. They take part actively in the regular weekly meetings (Jour Fixe) of the Zukunftskolleg and have a chance to teach.
Bridge Fellowships aim
(1) to assist new research enterprises at the school which are in the process of formation (e.g. cooperative research centers, research groups);
(2) to improve and advance areas of research at the institution which are prior to now strong by supporting postdoctoral researchers with unique and complementary know-how who can fill niches in ongoing projects;
(3) to back threatened international researchers by affording them the chance to be integrated into the German academic system.
Candidates are required to comply with a minimum of one of the above mentioned aims.
Benefits of Bridge Fellowships at University of Konstanz
- participate in the Zukunftskolleg’s weekly Jour Fixe
- can put in for an Independent Research Grant or put in for funding for Cooperative Initiatives
- can apply for Mentorships
- profit from non-monetary support
Eligibility for Bridge Fellowships at University of Konstanz
To be eligible for Bridge Fellowships, applicants have to fulfill all of the eligibility conditions:
- candidates should possess a doctoral degree (PhD thesis submitted and defended) at the time of the decision
- candidates should propose a research project that ties in with a field of study at the University of Konstanz
How to Apply for Bridge Fellowships at University of Konstanz
You want to become part of our community? Calls for applications are available on a regular basis. Please check uni.kn/zukunftskolleg for the next deadline. Applications in between calls are not accepted.
All applications and supporting materials have to be submitted in English language as a single pdf file comprising the reference number (see call) to [email protected]
There are no formal criteria concerning font style and size, however all documents must be readable.
The following credentials are needed for the application:
- motivation letter (1 page max)
- project outline (5 pages max)
- curriculum vitae
- publication list
- writing sample (30 pages max)
- a letter of support from a Professor at the University of Konstanz, who is an expert in the field of study applicable to the candidate’s project and will act as a Local Host during the fellowship. The letter must showcase the long-term prospects of the project beyond the Bridge Fellowships.
Please ensure that your project outline has the following details:
- Scope of the project
- Practicability of project and work plan (timeframe and projected expenses)
- Innovative potential and originality of project
- Timeliness and relevance of the project
- Expected contribution to the field of research
- How does the research project fit to an current or planned research initiative at the University of Konstanz?
- Most important bibliographic sources
- All ethical matters raised by a proposed project (if applicable) have to be explained in the project outline.
Please find all information relating to the application here.
Fellows are chosen based on their academic excellence, the quality and relevance of their research project outline, personal capacity pertaining to leadership and team skills, and cross-disciplinary interest.
The applications will be deliberated upon and assessed by the Executive Committee of the Zukunftskolleg and the Committee on Research (Ausschuss für Forschungsfragen – AFF).
Currently no open call for applications – calls for applications are available on a regular basis. If you would like to be alerted about new calls for applications, please register for their newsletter.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Europe Scholarships here